Thursday, February 27, 2014

Are You Just Showing Up?

What are you doing this week to have a great semester?  It's hard to think about academic performance with Spring Break so close, but I implore you to stay focused.

I know you may think I sound like a broken record, and for that I apologize.  However, there are things that I witness students doing semester after semester and year after year that can make or break their GPA.  The second semester of your first year can sometimes prove to be a bigger challenge than the first, particularly if you were able to rely on high school habits to get by.  There are also bare minimums that work, they do.  
  • read, Read, READ
  • attend and be present for every class meeting
  • complete every assignment
  • ask questions when you don't understand
I've said this before and I'll say it again.  Being a good college student isn't magic and it isn't rocket science, but it is work.  Real work.  Perhaps more work and effort than you've put into being a student before.  Commit to doing more than just showing up.  Commit to making school and learning a priority and you'll reap the benefits.  You know I have faith that you can do it and won't have to be on the wrong side of academic probation before you believe me.  Now go forth and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment